Betty: Who is the blanket for?
Laurie: For my grandson Pierce, my daughter and son-in-law live here.
Betty: Really? I was here visiting MY daughter this weekend too. She is expecting her first baby in December and I think I might have to pick up some of that same yarn for a blanket.
Laurie: Where does your daughter live?
Betty: She lives in Wylie.
Laurie: No way! MY daughter lives in Wylie too! Does your daughter by chance live in Woodbridge?
Betty: As a matter of fact she does.
So, at this point, my mom is thinking, "Woodbridge is huge, there is no way that Renee knows this woman's daughter. So, they talk some more about what they did over the weekend and the lady mentions that they went swimming in the "new" community pool that morning. This catches my mom's attention because OUR subdivision has a new pool, which WE went swimming in right after lunch that day.
Laurie: Does your daughter by chance live in The Highlands?
Betty: Yeah, her address is **** Highland River. It's like a J-shaped street.
Laurie: Wow, my daughter lives on Highland Dr.
Now, for those of you that have been to our neighborhood, you know that it's pretty small, but what are the chances that this girl's street is literally in MY BACKYARD?! I'm not kidding you. I can stand on my patio and see this girl's backyard. How crazy weird is that?! And to make matters even more bizarre, even though Betty and her husband live in the Twin Cities, Betty's husband works in the town that is just 8 miles from my hometown (which is about an hour from the Twin Cities!!) So, the mom's swapped the daughters' numbers and I'm going to get together with Katie for coffee or something. Two Minnesotan girls living within 50 yards of each other, neither one of us has family here, what are the odds?
So anyway, I just thought that was the coolest thing! I'm sure you're sick of reading by now, so here's some pictures.
4 comments:
too funny-- it is a small world- I wonder how many times she goes back to MN? Pierce looks great in the pool (even if there are no "ladies" around him like at D's b-day party).
Awww! So maybe everyone will have new friends out of the deal! How cool!
Charlotte is coming over to go swimming. She said the fountain looks like too much fun, and... well... we know she likes to be around Pierce.
What a small world it really is! OMG! Pierce looks like a boy on the dishwasher. And those long legs!!Wow! He'll be tall
i love this story! hooray for new friends and ones you can connect with about your past. can't wait to see how your new friendship progresses!
Post a Comment