Tuesday, July 29, 2008

1 year old!

Well, today was just another day for Pierce, but to the rest of us, it was a BIG day! Pierce is now 1 year old and I just love him more and more every day. Allison paid me the greatest compliment in my last post by saying I'm doing "such a great job with him." Which, before she even commented on that, I knew that the topic of this post was going to be something to that effect. No, not that I was going to sit here and brag about what a great mom I am (although I do think I'm pretty A.O.K.) I just wanted to comment on how great it feels as a parent to have survived the first year and my child still loves me =) I think Sheldon and I, as parents, have done a pretty good job up to this point. Pierce sleeps through the night, plays well on his own, is a very happy baby (when he's not teething) and LOVES to eat. What's not to love about that? Our next challenge will be giving up the bottle, but I don't see a problem with that because he doesn't really care about it now. He DOES love his pacifier though, but he only gets it in the car and in his crib. We'll cross the bridge of taking it away later, I'm not too concerned about it right now. Every day is an adventure as he learns something new and it's so fun to watch him play, you can tell his little brain is working hard! He still isn't walking yet, but I'm not rushing that. Honestly, I don't think it will be long before it happens. Being a mom is honestly the best feeling in the world and I never thought I would love it as much as I do.

I do have one prayer request and that is for a smooth transition to the new babysitter on Monday. We are very sad to be leaving Stacy's but are also very blessed that she opened her home to watch him. Pierce really loves Stacy & Ani so I'm sure he'll wonder what is going on when I take him to the new place.



He dug ALL these toys out on his own


Fascinated with the straw in the cup, which he can now drink from!

4 comments:

Patty Smith, Graphic Designer said...

You are a great mommy! You love Pierce so much and he knows it. Congratulations on your first year as a parent and Happy Birthday to Pierce! I hope you have a wonderful day with him.

The McKays said...

happy first, pierce! you guys are doing a great job. and it is such an incredible feeling to look back on year one and say, "wow, we made it!" i really think the first birthday party should be more of a celebration of the mom than anything else. seriously. :)

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

First, Happy Birthday to Pierce! Second, I understand how it feels to accomplish and conquer the first year. It has been a joy to watch Pierce grow up so far, and a joy to see you and Sheldon to "grow" as parents. I realize I don't have vast experience, however, I understand the trials, tribulations and satisfaction the first year can give you.