
It's no secret, we love Manwich in our house. What's easier than frying up a pound of hamburger and dumping a can of Manwich in? Sure, it's not healthy, but when you've worked all day, healthy is usually the last thing on my mind. But, I found myself in a quandary the other night. Manwich bold is my favorite, but Wal-mart doesn't carry the bold, so Sheldon bought the regular stuff instead. I knew there HAD to be a way to make the original taste like the bold but I'm not one to experiment (usually.) So, I thought I would let the customer service people at Con-Agra foods tell me what to do. Of course, they were of no help and the lady that I talked to made it sound as if she has never had that question before. She of course told me that I could ask my grocery store manager to start carrying Manwich bold, but really, I don't want to go through all that work. I'll just be sure to drive to the Kroger next time to get groceries because I know they carry it. She was sorry that she couldn't help me but offered to send me a coupon for my next purchase. SUPER! I LOVE COUPONS!! =) So, I decided to try my substitution skills and I think I may have found a solution. So, should you ever want to make the regular Manwich into bold all you need to do is add about 1/8-1/4 cup of smoky flavored BBQ sauce (I had some Sweet Baby Rays in the fridge) and 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar. I was very impressed with the result, it tasted really close to the stuff in the can.
What have you substitued for something else and it came out pretty yummy?
1 comment:
great to hear your experimenting!!
Post a Comment