Thursday, November 6, 2008
Annoyed
I'm the type of person who gets annoyed very easily. Sheldon will admit to this because he has witnessed it on many occassions. I'm also the type of person who LOVES my sleep. So it is no surprise that today, I'm very annoyed. The cause of my annoyance started at around 3 am this morning when I woke up to the sound of our neighbor's dog barking. For no.apparent.reason. I was able to get right back so sleep, only to wake up again about 45 minutes later. Joy. It's still barking. I was pretty sure I knew whose dog it was (we have several in the neighborhood that let their dogs bark non-stop) but I walked outside just to check. Yep, the one that I thought. So, I text Sheldon to express my frustration because I was just so freakin' mad! He tells me that he'll handle it when he gets home. So, I go back to bed and after 45 MINUTES I finally fall asleep...only to have my alarm go off 30 minutes later. Great. I get ready, leave for work and have not 1, but 2 people think they are more important and pull out in front of me. Yay. I'm at work when Sheldon calls me, guess what? The dog is STILL barking! (How people can not hear their own dog's incessant barking ceases to amaze me!) He goes to their house, knocks on the door and rings the doorbell. No one answers. He goes back home and types up a nice, polite letter telling them that their dog has been barking since 3 am and this is not the first time. If they don't don't find a solution, they might be issued a citation. He also prints out a copy of the city ordinance about barking dogs. He's done this before with another neighbor and SURPRISE...their dog stopped barking. I hope it works this time as well or I might just have to strangle someone. I hate to be the "dog police" but I can't imagine that I'm the ONLY person in the neighborhood that it annoys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment