
Well, if you're a NASCAR fan you know...that's right, it's about time for the season to start again, SWEET!! Now, I know that most of you who read my blog couldn't care less about NASCAR, but I'll forgive you because you really don't know what you're missing =) If there two things that my parents love to talk about, it's Pierce and NASCAR, and my blog is a good place to do both. My dad is just waiting for the day he can take Pierce to his first race. The Budweiser Shootout was last night and it kicks off a week of activities, leading up to the 50th running of the Daytona 500 next Sunday. I'm sure Jr Nation was excited last night as he took 1st place. This is a pretty huge deal considering it's his first race with Hendrick Motorsports (which many people call a power house in NASCAR) and it was the first time he's been to Victory Lane since May 2006. Now, of course I would have preferred that Tony win (he came in 2nd) but it's always fun to see Jr in Victory Lane and hear his interview. I often have to rewind it (gotta love DVR) to understand him but I think that makes it even funnier. Could this be a sign that Jr is finally going to make the Chase? Will his move to Hendrick prove that when placed in solid running cars Jr can deliver the wins? Time will tell. And how about Tony with a 2nd place in a (stinkin') Toyota? Does this just go to show that no matter what kind of car you put him in he can drive the wheels off? I don't really want to cheer for a Toyota of course, but I don't really want to jump ship because honestly, I don't want to buy all new gear...I mean, I have Tony's autograph 3 times...I'm sure my husband doesn't want to go through all that work again of getting a different driver's autograph =) Dave, in case you missed last night's race, I'll forgive you, but I expect you to catch the rest of them =) I'm always impressed by your knowledge when we talk and hopefully you are passing it on to Aliza =) Pierce is going to need knowledgeable groupies when he hits the circuit! So, there you have it NASCAR and not NASCAR fans...have a great week and we'll see you in Daytona!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment