Grandpa Steve and Pierce taking a nap
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Weekend visitors
My parents arrived early this morning (about 3 am) and have been busy loving on Pierce. They are just here for a quick visit and will leave Sunday morning. We took Pierce to the hospital yesterday for a weight and color check and he was only down 1 ounce from when we brought him home. We also had an excellent meeting with a different lactation consultant and gained some valuable advice so our feedings are going a little more smoothly. Let me tell ya, that is probably the hardest thing to learn so far and there were several times I was ready to throw in the towel and just mix a bottle. Sheldon was very supportive and told me not to give up, that it would get better once both Pierce and I learned what we were doing. Babies don't come out knowing how to breastfeed and mom's aren't born with the knowledge either!! Here are a couple more pics, of Pierce sleeping of course since that's all he seems to do =)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hang in there, Renee - you're doing a FABULOUS job. *big hug*
Obviously, I haven't been there yet with the nursing - but two books that have come highly recommended are The Nursing Mother's Companion, and So That's What They're For. One of my girlfriends swears that they saved her sanity on more than one occasion. I wish I'd ordered them already, I'd loan them to you - but I haven't gotten that far yet. :o) He's a doll and we can't wait to meet him!
Ugh! And I was signed in with the wrong account again. MHS is me. :o)
breastfeeding! man, i couldn't agree more. it was one of the hardest things i have ever been through and ultimately, i just pumped for 4 months. hang in there! next baby for us, i will try to do things differently because bf is totally the best. do what you can, but don't feel ashamed if it doesn't work out and you have to give a bottle. I say, whatever it takes for you to be a healthy mother to your newborn is best (but that's just me). :) can't wait to meet the little tyke.
Post a Comment