Sunday, October 26, 2008

Queen of all cookies

Sheldon's parents were here this weekend so we all decided to go to our neighborhood fall festival. Kids were told to come in costume so we decided it would a great time to do a "trial run" of Pierce in his Halloween costume. He was NOT happy wearing it around the house so I thought it might be a struggle when we go trick-or-treating. I think he loved people watching at the festival and forgot he even had a costume on. The baby legs that I have looked super cute with the costume, but you could kind of see his diaper so I had to put shorts on him. Do you know how hard it is to find plain black short or pants for a 1 year old. Impossible!! He still looked cute even if he was a little mismatched and he got many compliments =) They had a bake-off at the festival so of course I had to enter. There were 3 catergories: cakes, pies, and cookies. I decided to enter my oatmeal creme pies in the cookies category and I won the GRAND PRIZE for my category! I was so freakin' excited! I won a $25 gift card to Sprouts, which is a new farmers market store opening down the road. They also pulled my name out for a raffle prize and I won a $25 gift card to Asados Mexican restaurant. Not only did Pierce have a great time, but I was giddy about winning the bake-off! A good time was had by all.




He was fascinated with the lights on the police motorcycle

3 comments:

Katie said...

You won! Congrats! Two things: I drove by Sprouts today and it is now open. Also, you are now obligated to share your winning cookies with us (don't need the recipe, just a batch of cookies will do :)).

Rick, Michelle, Jonah & Harper said...

What a cute outfit! And good for you winning the prizes.....as if the others had a chance. Can't wait to taste those cookies!

Dave Furman said...

Oh he is darling! did you take him around tonight to get some free candy? :-)