Tuesday, October 28, 2008
I got to call 911 today!
This might not be a huge deal to anyone else, but for the first time, I got to come home with an exciting story versus Sheldon always coming home with one =) There was a little bit of road rage happening on the George Bush Turnpike during my drive home today and it didn't involve me. There was a white car in the left lane who, according to the truck behind him, wasn't driving fast enough. So, the truck moves to the center lane in an effort to pass the car. He speeds up and moves back to the left lane and ends up cutting the guy in the car off. At this point I'm just shaking my head as I watch it thinking, "Is where you are going really THAT important?!" It's not like the guy in the car was even going slow, he was doing about 70. So a little further down the road, traffic has slowed up a bit because of some more cars and I notice that the car is now in the middle lane and the truck still in the left lane. Now the guy in the car things that HE needs to be in the left lane to get around another car and guess who's right there? Yep, the guy in the truck. The car starts coming over into the left lane, the truck isn't slowing down to let him in and BAM!! the guy in the truck taps the car on the bumper, smoke flies and the car spins around into the median, over some bushes, and back into the left lane. Thankfully I had slowed down already because I could just sense that something was going to happen and it was a good thing, otherwise I would have had to slam on my breaks because of the guy coming into my lane and I would have probably gotten rear-ended. The truck DID stop on the side of the road, which really surprises me considering his asinine behavior just miles before and I just kept on driving while I called 911 to report it =) I have a feeling that some punches may have been thrown when they got out of their vehicles, which is sad considering they were both driving like morons. The car that was in front of both of them must have been watching in his rear view mirror because he DID pull to the side after it happened, maybe to give an unbiased version of the story to the cop that showed up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment