Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas 2007

So everyone else has updated their blog with Christmas pictures and such so I figured I better get on the ball. It's New Year's Eve and I'm going to do this post before heading to bed. I'm not one to stay up until midnight to ring in the New Year...these days I'm lucky to stay awake until 1o pm, ha!! We spent Christmas in Minnesota and had a lot of fun. They have had a lot of snow this year and I think it snowed every day we were there. It wasn't too terribly cold, which is always a relief. I think our flight up there was the worst flight EVER! There was an out of control 2 year old across the aisle from us that would not stop screaming. Literally SCREAMING for no apparent reason. And her aunt and grandma did nothing to control it. I just wanted to spank the crap out of her myself to get her to be quiet. Every time Pierce would start to doze off this kid would scream at the top of her lungs. Sheldon finally got fed up with it and took Pierce with him and locked themselves in the bathroom so Pierce could get some sleep. Our flight was delayed so it was way past Pierce's bedtime and the last thing I wanted was to make the rest of the people on the flight listen to another screaming child. Our flight back to Texas was a little better. We got to sit in first class, which was awesome! A mom that was traveling with her 2 kids had gotten split up at check-in and was in our seats when we got on the plane. She told us she didn't want to leave her kids and told us we could have her first class seats, SCORE!!! Here are some pictures from the holiday. Of course, it was just another day to Pierce, next year I'm sure will be more exciting for him.








I think he was trying to hide under the blanket



Pierce with my mom and dad (Grandpa and Grandma)


Pierce's latest fascination is his feet


He loves sucking on his toes...only acceptable in a baby's world!!

4 comments:

Brad and Tammy said...

I don't think I could even reach my toes if I wanted to. Happy New Year!

The McKays said...

hooray for a new post! glad you guys are back safely. your time with fam sounded wonderful; i think a true christmas experience isn't complete without snow. i was cringing on the inside when i read about your flight. it's so hard because you want your baby to sleep and when others disrupt that it's so frustrating. sorry for the pill of a girl on the flight. at least you know how you *don't* want pierce to act in the future!

Rachel Maples said...

I think there are many behaviors that are only acceptable in baby word but god are they funny...

Gloria Furman said...

His blanket picture is adorable. He is totally playing peekaboo. I am so jealous you guys had a white Christmas. It was 70 stinking degrees in San Antonio. I had to put sunblock on the baby it was so summery. Just kidding-- but I should have done that just to protest.