So, now onto Monday. I know that his lady is all about structured routine and honestly, we don't really have a routine yet. I feed Pierce when he's hungry and try to get him to nap when he's tired. Sometimes we aren't successful. Well, she watches 6 other kids so I totally understand why she wants each kid to be on a routine. So, I go to pick him up Monday after work and she says to me, "Do you have a few minutes to come in and sit down?" Ugh, yikes!! She basically told me what I already knew...long story short...that he needed to be on a better schedule and it would result in a happier baby. So, I left there feeling pretty bummed out that he hadn't had a good day and my sleep last night proved it, I think I was lucky to get 4 hours all night =( So, this morning I tried something a little different when Pierce woke up. He was up at 4:45 am (I had been up since 4) and after talking to himself for about 15 minutes, he started to get fussy. I wanted to see if he would go back to sleep because honestly, I don't want him in the habit of waking up that early all the time, especially on weekends! Well, after about 15 minutes of fussing, he eventually went back to sleep until I went and got him at 6:15. I was so proud of him for learning to self-soothe! I'm hoping this will make nap time a little easier. So, I drop him off this morning and prayed for a better day. When I went to get him, Tammy said to me, "Well, yesterday I told you all the bad things, but today...he was a PERFECT BABY!!" I was so freakin' excited to hear that. He actually went 4 hours between feedings and took a couple good naps. He didn't even need his pacifier all day long. I was so proud of him =)
So anyways, God has done great things. I feel that He has put Tammy in our lives for this week for a reason (maybe to get us on a schedule?!) and He has provided Stacy, a wonderful friend to me and a loving caregiver to Pierce. What a great start to the New Year.
Below are some pictures of Pierce in his new high chair, though it's just one of those booster type things that can sit on the table or in the chair when he gets bigger. He loves it and he loves eating in it. The kid can put down some food and we are having to move to stage 2 foods already because he's eating us out of house and home!!
1 comment:
So glad to hear your good news!!! Sounds like everything is coming to a normal pace for you all. It's wonderful!
Post a Comment