Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Guess what?! No baby yet...

I was told last night by a certain someone (cough cough Tammy cough cough) that I don't post enough, so here is another one...though I don't have any pictures this time. I had my 37 week doctor visit today and everything looked normal, if there is such a thing with being 37 weeks pregnant and not being able to get comfortable!! Today was a little painful, I think Pierce gave my ribs a good kicking and it was painful to take deep breaths most of the day. I'm just now able to breathe deeply. Not even born and already wreaking havoc! I didn't get in to the doctor's office until an hour after my appointment time, but remained patient when I heard that the doctor was behind because he had to deliver a baby. I just kept telling myself, "That could be me in a couple weeks and I might delay other people's appointments...remain calm!!" There was no change in my cervix so much to Rachel's disappointment, there will be no baby on July 18th, sorry Rachel =( The doctor did say that I was measuring 39 weeks, which kind of freaked me out because my first thought was, "Pierce is going to be HUGE!" but he assured me that because I'm so tall (as is Sheldon) that it's nothing to worry about and the measurements are really just estimates anyway. He didn't seem concerned so I'm trying not to be either. He made sure to remind me that delivery is fun (what?!?) and I shouldn't be nervous...he's delivered a lot of babies and that's what he loves to do. I told him to remind Sheldon that labor is "fun" when we walk into the delivery room and I'm cursing up a storm because I'm in pain! ha!!

So, doesn't look like there will be a baby this week, which is OK I guess since I have book club this Saturday and really didn't want to miss it =) It might be the last one I get to go to for a couple months, unless I tote Pierce with me to the next one. Not to mention, I still don't have my hospital bag packed and the car seat isn't installed yet. I have another appointment in a week so perhaps I'll have more exciting news to report.

3 comments:

Brad and Tammy said...

Yea! A post! That doctor of yours doesn't know what he's talkin about. You are ready to pop! I give two weeks at the most. We should put in a pool for when you will deliver. Okay, I'm gonna say...July 30.

The McKays said...

these last few weeks were the most uncomfortable for me, too. Ugh, I couldn't sleep well and I just felt HUGE and done being pregnant. Hang in there, he'll totally be here before you know it. I'm excited for you guys. Thanks for the newsy update. If you need anything, let me know. I don't know it all, but I might be able to help. :)

Rachel Maples said...

okay you suck, I told Tammy today she'll call me tomorrow when we're just far enough to not turn around saying your in labor....oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and meet Pierce in October when D and I come back for Matt's sisters baby showers.