Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Perfectionism...
When it comes to my baking, I want everything turn out JUST right. And when it doesn't, well I tend to get a little ticked off (to put it lightly.) I made a "test" cake for my friend Stacy's daughter's birthday. It was an Italian Cream Cake and it was super yummy! So I decided to make another one tonight to take to work for a co-worker's birthday (I treat each one with their choice of cake.) Well, I thought cupcakes would be easier, then we don't have to mess with cutting the cake and all that hoopla. (Plus, cupcakes don't make you feel AS guilty because they ARE smaller right?!) So yeah, cupcakes for this particular recipe were NOT a good idea. One of the pans worth got too brown and even though Sheldon said, "These are good!" I made my decision to throw them in the trash when he couldn't peel the cupcake liner off. On to the next pan...nope, no good either. Well, I shouldn't say that, they would have been ok and I'm sure my co-workers would have thought they tasted just fine, but I just can't serve something that I'M not happy with. Why waste the ingredients for the frosting when I'm not even happy with the cake. So anyway, no cake for anyone tomorrow. I thought about making my old standby, the chocolate covered cherry cake, but damn if I don't even have the cake mix I need to make THAT one. Guess I'll just have to pick up donuts in the morning instead =(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're a sweet friend for all the work, though...
I'm off to dig through your trash for a snack.
That's what Matt gets for requesting a cake with coconut! ;)
I did the same thing last week-- Rick didn't get it-- he didn't understand that my name was tied to the "messed up" cake I made-- shheehhh. I got you girl!
Post a Comment