Monday, September 15, 2008

It's been awhile!!

So once again I have been slacking about posting...I just haven't felt like it I guess. I've been trying to turn off the computer and read more when Pierce goes to bed so perhaps that's why I haven't felt like posting My mom and grandparents were here for a visit this past weekend and while the weather could have been better, we still had a great time. We were feeling the after effects of Hurricane Ike but we still ventured out on Saturday to do a little shopping. They had a blast with Pierce and I of course forgot to take pictures =( Sunday, our church small group volunteered at the Ronald McDonald House in Dallas by cooking breakfast for the families. This was a very rewarding experience for us and I hope we are able to do it again soon. It's easy to lose sight of how blessed we are to have healthy babies when you hear of the families that have to stay at the RMH because their child is sick. It's one of those places that you are grateful exists, but you also hope you never need it. Pierce's last day of swimming lessons was today and he is such a champ!! I have posted a video below. If you remember the first one, you'll see the dramatic change. We were told to dress him in full clothing as that's when a lot of water related accidents occur and your child needs to know what the extra weight feels like.


4 comments:

Rick, Michelle, Jonah & Harper said...

powerful video- thanks for sharing. Amazing how Pierce turns over sooo fast.

eleventhirtysix images said...

Charlotte is so incredibly smitten. She did have a poster of Michael Phelps on her wall... not anymore. ;o)

Seriously - that's incredible.

The McKays said...

amazing and so invaluable! i will need that woman's contact info one of these days. good work, pierce!

Megan Sommer said...

Hey there... Allison Duckworth referred me to your blog because i made a post today about Infant Swimming Resource. I was curious about the class that you put your son in. Where was the class? We live in Crandall, TX so i assume I would need to travel to Dallas. What is the min age requirement? Does the insttuctor that you used have a website? Any info would be great!
Thanks so much,
Megan Sommer
www.rowyngracesommer.blogspot.com