Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Casualties and dirty faces
When you have kids and pets, you can bet that your life will be anything but uneventful! This past Saturday, I had to take Roxie to the vet because she got stung my something when she was outside. I was just about to start getting Pierce ready for bed when I looked down at Roxie and her entire snout was swollen =( I quickly gave her a Benedryl and thought I could get away with not taking her to the emergency vet. Sheldon called the vet and they said that because it's in the area where all her breathing parts are, they suggest bringing her in. DRAT!! So, I gave Pierce a bath, gave him a bottle and put him in his carseat (Sheldon was working.) Just as I was about to buckle him in, he starts rubbing his eyes, obviously...it's BEDTIME! Luckily our next door neighbors were home and I was able to have one of them come over and just sit in the house in case he woke up while I was gone. Get to know your neighbors, you never know when you might need 'em! Got to the vet, they gave her 2 shots and we were back home in about an hour. Those emergency vets are NOT cheap but I guess when it comes to your dogs health, you do what you have to. Here is a picture of poor Roxie =( The swelling went down and was completely gone around noon the next day.
In Pierce news, he is now walking!!! Every once in a while he'll still crawl but he's getting faster and faster when he walks and thinks that crawling is for "babies." This is also his last week of swimming lessons, our little man picked it up in 5 weeks, when they estimate it to take 6-8 weeks. We will take video on Friday and I'll post it then so you can see the final results. He also has another new tooth...and we didn't even have any teething symptoms (PRAISE GOD!!) It's on the bottom, about half way to the back. I'm not sure what "order" teeth come in, but I'm guessing this is pretty normal. He took a pretty good fall today on the tile floor, though neither one of us saw it. All of a sudden his head was on the floor and he started screaming. He got a HUGE bruise where he hit and we of course feel horrible for him. I tried to get a picture but he wouldn't sit still long enough. The pictures DID show how messy his face was though after dinner, I tried to wash it but he wouldn't sit still for that either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment