Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Are you freakin' kidding me?!

So, if you haven't read the post before this one, do that first...

Ok, so Brooke was hoping for some pictures of the jeans, but unfortunately I'm "old school" and I don't have a camera on my phone. But, before I went to bed last night I googled "zipper ankle jeans" and actually came up with some stores that are SELLING these things!! Kohl's and the Gap of all places have some if your anxious to snag a pair (no thanks!) Cheapest pair seems to be about $40 ranging to a whopping $193 a pair...say WHAT?!


These are from the Gap (I'm losing faith in that store...quickly...)


These are on a website called karmaloop.com...nice...

Hey, NKOTB goers, what do you say we truly go back in time and get us some of these?! ;)

Now let me preface this next section with this thought. When I was typing last night's post about ankle zipper jeans, I thought back to high school to what else was "cool." Remember how we used to roll our jeans, you know, sort of fold them over and then roll them 2-3 times. It made them tight around your ankle and you often wore 2 pairs of slouch socks to coordinate with your shirt? Ahh...the memories...so anyway...

On to the thing that made me say, "Are you freakin' kidding me?" I'm reading the new People, the one that has the long awaited for pics of Brad and Angelina's new twins (who, by the way are adorable,) and I get to page 131, the Style Watch page. This is where they have pictures of stars that are wearing the latest "trend." Take a wild guess at what they are saying is the hot, new thing in Hollywood. Yep, rolled.freakin'. jeans.!!!! From Katie Holmes to Rachel Bilson, they are "rolling them up as if it were 1989." No, I refuse to follow this trend. I love my boot cut jeans and will continue to wear them with pride, no matter how cool Hollywood says it is to roll your jeans. I didn't fall for the skinny jean trend and I won't fall for this one either.

5 comments:

eleventhirtysix images said...

I think the rule is that you can only follow a trend once. Since we rolled the first time around, we're officially too old to do it this time. We're off the hook. :o)

Patty Smith, Graphic Designer said...

I agree! We called it pinch-roll where I was from. Wow, yeah, not jumpin' on that train. Of course those celebrities do stuff all the time and I'm like "What, you are paying people to look like that? Really?"

Brad and Tammy said...

Tell it sista! I don't care if it makes me the "older generation". I'm not doin' it. What were people thinking even back in the 80's? I remember Brad and I's first date. He had two layered shirts on, jeans rolled over and high top brown Dexters. He thought he was so cool! Wish I had a pic of that! I confess, though sheepishly, that I do have a pair of skinny jeans. But that's as far as it goes! I mean it! As God is my witness I will never roll over!

Rick, Michelle, Jonah & Harper said...

What is next....leg warmers??? Those jelly shoes? How about those Coke - Cola shirts?

Lisa said...

I just finally gave my tapered leg jeans to charity after cleaning out my (very outdated) closet!

:-)

Had I known... ;-)

Naaaaaah. I'm stickin' with boot cut too.