Thursday, September 3, 2009

A small leap for Pierce

Well, we crossed a MAJOR hump today and I'm hoping it lasts. We had Tuna Helper for dinner (I LOVE this stuff) and I was very skeptical that Pierce would eat it. After all, when your world consists of cheese, chicken nuggets, cheese, hot dogs, cheese, fish sticks and did I mention cheese, it's a wonder you'll even have the desire to try anything new. But, I found out tonight that bribery can work wonders for a 2 year old, especially when it involves his favorite TV show "Word World" or as Pierce calls it "Doyee Doyee" =) He starts off in his chair saying Doyee Doyee and I tell him, "You can have Word World if you take a bite of noodles." He looks at me like I'm crazy and covers his eyes (does he think I can't see him?!) until he realizes I'm serious. And what do you know?! The kid takes a bite!! One time time perhaps? Nope, every time I wanted him to take a bite, I paused the show and told him, "I"ll turn it back on if you take another bite!" Workes every time and he ate half of what I had dished up for him, which was quite a bit! I was so proud of my picky eater! I just might have to use bribery every night I want him to try something new!!

I forgot to post this video on Wordless Wednesday, I had completely forgotten that Sheldon uploaded it the other night. Pierce loves it when we sing "If You're Happy and You Know It" and though our verses aren't always the traditional ones, it's pretty darn entertaining to watch.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love the video! Is Sheldon as thrilled as the rest of us that you posted his singing for the world to hear? :)