Friday, April 17, 2009

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

No, I'm not talking about my husband, my son or even my dogs. I'm talking about the DISH Network DVR.

You have been in my life for 5+ years and I don't know how I ever survived without you. I am no longer tied to my TV in order to watch a show...heck, I don't even know what time my shows are ON. All I know is that I come home and turn on the TV and my favorite shows are there, waiting to be watched. If Pierce has a favorite show, he can watch it over and over and over (which he often does.) I can pause live TV in case the phone rings or I have to get a load of laundry out of the dryer. I can rewind the NASCAR race to watch the enormous wreck that just took out Tony Stewart and Jr, resunlting in me yelling at Jeff Gordon over and over for causing the entire thing. You allow us to store more shows than we will ever need but it's nice to know that the possibility is there. Your hard drive space is also big enough that we can go on vacation for a week and come home to find that all of our shows are still there and not deleted because you ran out of room. You also allow us to record 3 shows at a time, which is excellent considering we don't want to have to pick which one we have to miss if we could only record 2. I love the fact that I can be in the kitchen and I don't have to point the remote right AT the DVR in order to get it to work. I apologize for leaving you last September to try another DVR. We thought we were getting a better deal with Verizon, but their DVR just couldn't compare to you. True, your price is a little higher but that is the only con. I foresee a long and dedicated life to you DVR. Thank you for being so wonderful.

(No, I'm not the new salesperson for DISH!) =)

No comments: